THIS RECIPE MAKES 2 GALLONS OF BEER.
WICKED AMERICAN ALE RECIPE KIT
A great Halloween recipe. This "wicked ale" is sure to tame the best of Halloween pranks! This recipe features a complex blend of specialty malts, combined with the finest hops by master brewers in New Zealand’s famous Speight’s brewery, providing the optimum flavor profiles for a world-class beer. No additives. No preservatives.
- (1) can American Prophecy Ale (HME)
- (1) can Red Horse Mellow Amber (UME)
- (1) pouch Brewing Enhancer
- (1) packet Dry Brewing Yeast
- (1) packet One Step No-Rinse Cleanser
You will need to sanitize everything that comes in contact with your beer. Suggested conditioning time for this recipe is 2-4 weeks.
2 GALLON BREWING INSTRUCTIONS
Follow the steps outlined in the instructions that came with your kit. You can download these instructions from our Help Desk under Downloads.
Our mixes contain malted extract and hops ready for fermentation. Just add water and the included yeast. Since beer is mostly water, the better the water the better your beer. This step should take about 30 minutes.
- 2.1. Remove yeast packet(s) from under the lid of your beer mix and stand can(s) in a tub of hot tap water. Empty brewing enhancer into mixing bowl and breakup any clumps you may find. This will help pour and mix more easily.
- 2.2. Fill your fermenter with a gallon of cold water. For best results use bottled spring water or charcoal-filtered tap water.
- 2.3. Place 4 cups of water into a clean 4-quart pot and bring to a boil. Once water begins to boil, remove from heat and slowly mix in your brewing enhancer (mix until it has completely dissolved). Bring this to a boil and boil for 5 minutes. Make sure brewing enhancer does not clump or stick to the bottom of the pot.
- 2.4. Remove from heat. Then slowly stir in the contents from can(s) until fully dissolved. This mixture is called the wort.
- 2.5. Pour this wort into the fermenter, then bring the volume in the fermenter up to the 8.5-quart mark by adding more water. Mix thoroughly. Read the thermometer and wait until the temperature of the wort is between 64°- 82° F before adding the yeast.
- 2.6. Add the yeast. Then attach your lid.
- 2.7. Place the fermenter out of direct sunlight and maintain a temperature between 64°- 82° F for approximately 14 days.
FOR BEST RESULTS CONDITION FOR 2 TO 4 WEEKS.