RECIPE MAKES 2 GALLONS.
DEMOGORGON ORANGE HARD SODA
Not even the depths of the underworld can contain such a devilish delight. This high-spirited and energizing soda is packed with all the familiar richly sweet and tart acidic flavor of citrus you know and love.
- (1) Bottle of Soda Flavoring
- (2) packets of Dextrose
- (2) packets of Maltodextrin
- (2) packets of Yeast Nutrient
- (1) packet of Yeast
- (1) packet of One Step No-Rinse Cleanser
Non-GMO. Gluten Free. Use distilled or “reverse osmosis” water for this recipe (spring water or tap water can be used, but IS NOT recommended). Sanitize everything that comes in contact with your hard seltzer.
2 GALLON BREWING INSTRUCTIONS FOR THIS RECIPE
Follow the steps outlined in the instructions that came with your brewing system. If you don't have these, download a copy below.
SANITIZE ALL EQUIPMENT THAT COMES IN CONTACT WITH YOUR HARD SODA.
Since soda is mostly water, the better the water the better your soda. For best results refrigerate your distilled water overnight before starting this recipe.
- 2.1. Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a clean 3-5 quart pot.
- 2.2. At first sign of bubbling, slowly stir in both bags corn sugar and maltodextrin. Mix until fully dissolved. Make sure sugar does not clump or stick to the bottom of the pot.
- 2.3. Let boil for 5 minutes, then remove from heat and turn off the stove. Add both packets of yeast nutrient and mix until it has completely dissolved. This is your base mixture.
- 2.4. Add 1 gallon of cold (refrigerated) distilled water to your fermenter. Pour your mixture from the pot into the fermenter, then bring the volume of your fermenter to the 8.5 quart mark by adding more cold water. Stir vigorously.
- 2.5. Once the temperature inside the fermenter is between 64°- 82° F add your packet of yeast. Place on lid and vent plug (or airlock if you prefer).
- 2.6. Place the fermenter out of direct sunlight and maintain a temperature between 64°- 82° F for approximately 10-14 days.
After 10-14 days the mixture in your fermenter should have stopped fermenting and is now clear. It's time to bottle!.
Using the remaining One Step, sanitize (8) 1 liter PET bottles and caps by following the steps outlined in the instructions that came with your brewing system.
- 3.1. In each sanitized 1 liter bottle, add 2 1/2 tsp. of table sugar and 1/4 tsp. of soda extract (adjust to taste). Different bottle sizes require different amounts.
- 3.2. Using the tap, fill each of bottle about 1 inch above the base of the neck. Make sure all bottles contain approximately the same amount.
- 3.3. Remove excess oxygen by gently squeezing each bottle until the liquid works its way up the neck, then cap each bottle with a sanitized cap. Make sure the caps are nice and tight, then invert each bottle several times to dissolve the sugar. Do not shake bottles.
- 3.4. Place the bottles upright and out of direct sunlight. Maintain a temperature between 64°- 82° F for approximately 5-7 days until bottles become firm to the touch.
CHECK EACH BOTTLE DAILY. WHEN THEY BECOME FIRM LIKE A NEW BOTTLE OF SODA, PLACE THEM IN THE FRIDGE OVERNIGHT.
NOW CALL YOUR FRIENDS AND ENJOY! FOR BEST RESULTS COLD CONDITION FOR 1 WEEK.