THIS RECIPE MAKES 2 GALLONS OF BEER.
AMERICAN PROPHECY ALE LIGHT BEER RECIPE KIT
This refill has fewer calories and a lower ABV than our standard Prophecy Ale recipe. It’s easy to predict the outcome after enjoying this well balanced and refreshing beer–pure gratification. BrewDemon craft series recipes feature complex blends of specialty malts, combined with the finest hops by master brewers in New Zealand’s famous Speight’s brewery, providing the optimum flavor profiles for a world-class beer. Contains malted barley, water, hops and yeast. No additives. No preservatives.
- (1) Can of American Prophecy Ale HME
- (1) Pouch of Dry Brewing Enhancer
- (1) Packet of Dry Brewing Yeast
- (1) Packet One Step No-Rinse Cleanser
Make sure and sanitize everything that comes in contact with your beer.
2 GALLON LIGHT BEER BREWING INSTRUCTIONS
Follow the steps outlined in the instructions that came with your kit. You can download a pdf copy of these kit instructions below.
SANITIZE ALL EQUIPMENT THAT COMES IN CONTACT WITH YOUR BEER.
The included recipe is ready for fermentation. Follow the instructions below, since beer is mostly water, the better the water the better your beer. This step should take about 30 minutes.
- 2.1. Remove yeast packet(s) from under the lid of your beer mix and stand can(s) in a tub of hot tap water. Then empty brewing enhancer into mixing bowl, using a whisk (or hands) to breakup any clumps that may have formed. This will help the malt pour more easily and the brewing enhancer to dissolve more quickly.
- 2.2. Fill fermenter with a gallon of cold water. For best results, use bottled spring water or charcoal-filtered tap water.
- 2.3. Place 4 cups of water into a clean 4-quart pot and bring to a boil. Once water begins to boil remove from heat and slowly mix in your brewing enhancer. After the enhancer has completely dissolved, bring it to boil for 5 minutes. Make sure brewing enhancer does not clump or stick to the bottom of the pot.
- 2.4. Remove from heat. Then slowly stir in the contents from can(s) until fully dissolved. This mixture is called the wort.
- 2.5. Pour the "wort" into the fermenter. Bring the volume of the fermenter up to the 8.5-quart mark by adding more water. Mix thoroughly. Read the thermometer and wait until the temperature of the wort is between 64°- 82° F before adding the yeast.
- 2.6. Add the yeast. Then attach your lid.
- 2.7. Place the fermenter out of direct sunlight and maintain a temperature between 64°- 82° F for approximately 7-14 days.
After 7-14 days the beer in your fermenter should have stopped fermenting and begun to clear. It's now time to bottle! If you're not sure, draw a small amount from the tap; if it tastes like flat beer, it's ready to bottle. If it tastes sweet, give it a few more days.
Follow the steps outlined in the hard cider instructions that came with your kit. Download a pdf copy of these kit instructions below.
FOR BEST RESULTS COLD CONDITION FOR 1 TO 2 WEEKS.