Makes 2 gallons of beer.
WICKED IRISH STOUT RECIPE KIT
A body black as Hades with a bold flavor smooth as silk, this potent stout will assuredly corrupt even the purest. This hopped malt extract (HME) contains; malted barley, water, hops, caramel, hop extract and yeast. No additives or preservatives. BrewDemon® mixes feature complex blends of specialty malts, combined with the finest hops by master brewers in New Zealand’s famous Speight’s brewery, providing the optimum flavor profiles for world-class beers.
- (1) Can of Wicked Irish Stout Hopped Malt Extract
- (1) Can of Black Horse Creamy Brown Unhopped Malt Extract
- (1) Packet of Dry Brewing Yeast (under lid)
- (1) Packet of One Step No-Rinse Cleanser
ABV is an estimate of alcohol content given in percent of alcohol by volume IBU is bitterness shown in international bittering units SRM is the color based on standard reference method
2-GALLON BREWING INSTRUCTIONS
1. Sanitize Your Equipment
Follow the steps outlined in the instructions that came with your kit. You can download these instructions from our Help Desk under Downloads.
2. Making This Recipe
Our mixes contain malted extract and hops ready for fermentation. Just add water and the included yeast. Since beer is mostly water, the better the water the better your beer. This step should take about 30 minutes.
1. Remove yeast packet from under the lid of your beer mix and stand both cans in a tub of hot tap water. This will help them pour more easily.
2. Fill your fermenter with a gallon of cold water. For best results, use bottled spring water or charcoal-filtered tap water.
3. Place 4 cups of water into a clean 3-quart pot and bring to a boil.
4. Remove from heat. Then slowly stir in the contents from both cans until fully dissolved. This mixture is called the wort.
5. Pour the wort into the fermenter. Bring the volume of the fermenter up to the 8.5-quart mark by adding more water. Mix thoroughly. Read the thermometer and wait until the temperature of the wort is between 64°- 82° F before adding the yeast.
6. Add the yeast. Then attach your lid.
7.Place the fermenter out of direct sunlight and maintain a temperature between 64°- 82° F for approximately 7 days.
3. Bottle As Directed
Follow the steps outlined in the instructions that came with your kit.
FOR BEST RESULTS CONDITION FOR 1 TO 3 WEEKS.