THIS RECIPE MAKES 2 GALLONS OF BEER.
TWISTED SUMMERTIME LEMONADE RECIPE KIT
Remember, Fire is the Devil’s only friend. Cool off that fire with this cold, refreshing summertime wheat beer! No additives or preservatives. BrewDemon® mixes feature complex blends of specialty malts, combined with the finest hops by master brewers in New Zealand’s famous Speight’s brewery, providing the optimum flavor profiles for world-class beers.
- (2) cans Twisted Monk Witbier (SS HME)
- (2) packets Dry Brewing Yeast
- (1 oz) bag Tettnanger Pellet Hops
- (1) Muslin Hop Bag
- (1) packet One Step No-Rinse Cleanser
You wil need
- (2) Small Lemons (juice plus grated zest)
- OPTIONAL: "Shandy" this up, by mixing 50% Beer and 50% lemonade into a frosty mug!
Sanitize everything that comes in contact with your beer (including the hop sack). Suggested conditioning time for this recipe is 2-4 weeks.
2 GALLON BREWING INSTRUCTIONS
Follow the steps outlined in the instructions that came with your kit. You can download these instructions from our Help Desk under Downloads.
SANITIZE ALL EQUIPMENT INCLUDING THE HOP SACK.
Our mixes contain malted extract and hops ready for fermentation. Just add water and the included yeast. Since beer is mostly water, the better the water the better your beer. This step should take about 30 minutes.
- 2.1. Remove yeast packets from under the lid of your beer mixes and stand both cans in a tub of hot tap water. This will help the malts pour more easily.
- 2.2. Fill your fermenter with a gallon of cold water. For best results, use bottled spring water or charcoal-filtered tap water.
- 2.3. Place 1/2 ounce of pellet hops into the sanitized hop bag (tying it closed on both ends). Trim away excess material and save the remaining hops in the refrigerator or freezer for another time.
- 2.4. Place 4 cups of water into a clean 3-quart pot and bring to a boil.
- 2.5. Remove from heat. Add the 4 tbsp of lemon juice and 1/2 tsp of zest from the 2 small lemons. Then slowly stir in contents from both cans until fully dissolved. This mixture is called the wort.
- 2.6. Pour the wort into the fermenter. Then add your hops (in hop sack). Bring the volume of the fermenter up to the 8.5-quart mark by adding more water. Mix thoroughly. Read the thermometer and wait until the temperature of the wort is between 64°- 82° F before adding the yeast.
- 2.7. Add the yeast. Then attach your lid.
- 2.8. Place the fermenter out of direct sunlight and maintain a temperature between 64°- 82° F for approximately 14 days.
KEEP HOPS IN FERMENTER DURING THE ENTIRE FERMENTATION PERIOD. HOPS WILL NOT DISSOLVE.
Follow the steps outlined in the instructions that came with your kit.
FOR BEST RESULTS CONDITION FOR 2 TO 4 WEEKS.