The recipe below is designed to make a 2 or 6 gallon batch.
HAPPY PUMPKIN PORTER RECIPE KIT
This spicy Halloween porter is sure to put a “Happy Pumpkin Face” on you! Recipe requires a blender. No additives or preservatives. BrewDemon® mixes feature complex blends of specialty malts, combined with the finest hops by master brewers in New Zealand’s famous Speight’s brewery, providing the optimum flavor profiles for world-class beers.
- American Prophecy Ale (HME)
- Black Horse Creamy Brown (UME)
- Dry Brewing Yeast
- One Step No-Rinse Sanitizing Cleanser
You will need
- A Blender
- Brown Sugar
- Cooked Pumpkin Puree
- Ground Cinnamon
You will need to sanitize your blender for this recipe. Each recipe includes a packet of One Step No-Rinse Cleanser, enough to sanitize all your equipment during brewing and bottling. Sanitize everything that will come in contact with your beer before making this recipe.
2 GALLON BREWING INSTRUCTIONS
Follow the steps outlined in the instructions that came with your kit. You can download these instructions from our Help Desk under Downloads.
Our mixes contain malted extract and hops ready for fermentation. Just add water and the included yeast. Since beer is mostly water, the better the water the better your beer. This step should take about 30 minutes.
- 2.1. Remove yeast packet(s) from under the lid of your beer mix and stand both cans in a tub of hot tap water. This will help the malts pour more easily.
- 2.2. Fill your fermenter with a gallon of cold water. For best results, use bottled spring water or charcoal-filtered tap water.
- 2.3. Puree cooked pumpkin in your sanitized blender.
- 2.4. Place 4 cups of water into a clean 3-quart pot and bring to a boil.
- 2.5. Remove from heat. Add 2 tsp. ground cinnamon and 1/2 tsp. nutmeg. Then slowly stir in 1/2 cup of brown sugar and the contents from both cans until fully dissolved. This mixture is called the wort.
- 2.6. Pour the wort into the fermenter. Bring the volume of the fermenter up to the 8.5-quart mark by adding more water, then add your pureed fruit. Mix thoroughly. Read the thermometer and wait until the temperature of the wort is between 64°- 82° F before adding the yeast.
- 2.7. Add the yeast. Then attach your lid.
- 2.8. Place the fermenter out of direct sunlight and maintain a temperature between 64°- 82° F for approximately 14 days.
DUE TO THE AMOUNT OF FRUIT, YOU MAY EXPERIENCE AN ACTIVE FERMENTATION.
Follow the steps outlined in the instructions that came with your kit.
FOR BEST RESULTS CONDITION FOR 2 TO 4 WEEKS.