THIS RECIPE MAKES 2 GALLONS OF BEER.
DANTE'S LEMON WHEAT RECIPE KIT
“Hades” never had it so spicy! This sharp and lemony wheat beer has a blend of spices and fruity esters in every tempting sip. No additives or preservatives. BrewDemon® mixes feature complex blends of specialty malts, combined with the finest hops by master brewers in New Zealand’s famous Speight’s brewery, providing the optimum flavor profiles for world-class beers.
- (1) can Dante’s Delight Weizenbier (HME)
- (1) can White Horse Golden Wheat (UME)
- (1) packet Dry Brewing Yeast
- (1) packet One Step No-Rinse Cleanser
You will need
- 4 teaspoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3/4 teaspoon Crushed Coriander Seed
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
You will need to sanitize everything that comes in contact with your beer. Suggested conditioning time for this recipe is 2-4 weeks.
2 GALLON BREWING INSTRUCTIONS
Follow the steps outlined in the instructions that came with your kit. You can download these instructions from our Help Desk under Downloads.
Our mixes contain malted extract and hops ready for fermentation. Just add water and the included yeast. Since beer is mostly water, the better the water the better your beer. This step should take about 30 minutes.
- 2.1. Remove yeast packet(s) from under the lid of your beer mix and stand can(s) in a tub of hot tap water. This will help the malts pour more easily.
- 2.2. Fill your fermenter with a gallon of cold water. For best results, use bottled spring water or charcoal-filtered tap water.
- 2.3. Place 4 cups of water into a clean 3-quart pot and bring to a boil.
- 2.4. Remove from heat. Add 4 tbsp. of lemon juice, 3/4 tsp. crushed coriander seed, 1/2 tsp. of nutmeg and 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon. Then slowly stir in contents from both cans until fully dissolved. This mixture is called the wort.
- 2.5. Pour the wort into the fermenter. Bring the volume of the fermenter up to the 8.5-quart mark by adding more water. Mix thoroughly. Read the thermometer and wait until the temperature of the wort is between 64°- 82° F before adding the yeast.
- 2.6. Add the yeast. Then attach your lid.
- 2.7. Place the fermenter out of direct sunlight and maintain a temperature between 64°- 82° F for approximately 14 days.
Follow the steps outlined in the instructions that came with your kit.
FOR BEST RESULTS CONDITION FOR 2 TO 4 WEEKS.