RECIPE MAKES 2 GALLONS.
BOYSENBERRY HARD CIDER RECIPE KIT
“Packed-with-a-punch”, enhance your paradise---wherever that might be, with the powerful berry flavor of this crisp tart hard cider. BrewDemon uses only the finest New Zealand apples chosen at the height of their ripeness to provide the optimum flavor profile for world-class hard cider. Contains 100% pure apple juice concentrate, boysenberries in syrup and yeast. No additives. No preservatives.
- (1) can of Forbidden Fruit Hard Cider Mix
- (1) can of Boysenberries in Syrup
- (1) packet of Dry Hard Cider brewing yeast
- (1) packet of One Step No-Rinse Cleanser
You will need
- 1 and 1/2 cups of Granulated Sugar
Gluten free recipe. Make sure you sanitize the blender and anything else that comes in contact with your hard cider.
2 GALLON BREWING INSTRUCTIONS FOR THIS RECIPE
Follow the steps outlined in the instructions that came with your kit. You can download a pdf copy of these kit instructions below.
SANITIZE ALL EQUIPMENT INCLUDING YOUR BLENDER.
This recipe contains everything you need for fermentation. Just follow the instructions below and since your hard cider is mostly water, the better the water the better your cider. This step should take about 30 minutes.
- 2.1. Remove the black lid from your cider mix and stand both cans in a tub of hot tap water. This will help them pour more easily.
- 2.2. Puree your fruit in sanitized blender.
- 2.3. Fill your fermenter with a gallon of cold water. For best results, use bottled spring water or charcoal-filtered tap water.
- 2.4. Place 4 cups of water into a clean 3-quart pot and bring to a boil.
- 2.5. Remove from heat. Then slowly stir in 1 and 1/2 cups of granulated sugar and your can of hard cider mix until fully dissolved. This mixture is called the must.
- 2.6. Pour the "must" into the fermenter. Bring the volume of the fermenter up to the 8.5-quart mark by adding more water, then add your pureed fruit. Mix thoroughly. Read the thermometer and wait until the temperature of the must is between 64°- 82° F before adding the yeast.
- 2.7. Add the yeast. Then attach your lid.
- 2.8. Place the fermenter out of direct sunlight and maintain a temperature between 64°- 82° F for approximately 7-14 days.
After 7 days the cider in your fermenter should have stopped fermenting and begun to clear. It's now time to bottle! If you're not sure, draw a small amount from the tap; if it tastes like flat hard cider, it's ready to bottle. If it tastes sweet, give it a few more days.
Follow the steps outlined in the hard cider instructions that came with your kit. Download a pdf copy of these kit instructions below.
FOR BEST RESULTS COLD CONDITION FOR 1 TO 2 WEEKS.