This recipe makes 2 gallons of beer.
AMERICAN HOLIDAY CHEER RECIPE KIT
Recipe requires a blender. No additives or preservatives. BrewDemon mixes feature complex blends of specialty malts, combined with the finest hops by master brewers in New Zealand’s famous Speight’s brewery, providing the optimum flavor profiles for world-class beers.
- (1) can American Prophecy Ale (HME)
- (1) can Red Horse Mellow Amber (UME)
- (1) packet Dry Brewing Yeast
- (1) can Red Tart Cherries in Water
- (1) packet Cascade Pellet Hops
- (1) Muslin Hop Bag
- (1) packet One Step No-Rinse Cleanser
You will need
- A Blender
- (1) Small Orange Rind Zest
Sanitize your blender, hop sack and anything else that comes in contact with your beer. Suggested conditioning time for this recipe is 2-4 weeks.
2 GALLON BREWING INSTRUCTIONS FOR THIS RECIPE
This recipe requires a blender. Thoroughly clean and sanitize all equipment (including blender) by following the steps outlined in the instructions that came with your kit (you can find these instructions by clicking the "Help Desk" link at the top of the page).
- 2.1. Remove yeast packet(s) from under the lid of your beer mix and stand both cans in a tub of hot tap water. This will help them pour more easily.
- 2.2. Fill fermenter with a gallon of cold water. For best results, use bottled spring water or charcoal-filtered tap water.
- 2.3. Place 1/2 oz of your pellet hops into the hop sack tying it closed on both ends. Trim away excess material and save the remaining hops in the refrigerator or freezer for another time.
- 2.4. Puree can of fruit in your sanitized blender.
- 2.5. Place 4 cups of water into a clean 3-quart pot and bring to a boil.
- 2.6. Remove from heat. Add orange rind zest, then slowly stir in the contents from both cans until fully dissolved. Add your hops (in hop sack). This mixture is called the wort.
- 2.7. Pour the wort into the fermenter. Bring the volume of the fermenter up to the 8.5-quart mark by adding more water, then add your pureed fruit. Mix thoroughly. Read the thermometer and wait until the temperature of the wort is between 64°- 82° F before adding the yeast.
- 2.8. Add the yeast. Then attach your lid.
- 2.9. Place the fermenter out of direct sunlight and maintain a temperature between 64°- 82° F for approximately 14 days.
Follow the steps outlined in the hard cider instructions that came with your kit (you can find these instructions by clicking the "Help Desk" link at the top of the page).
FOR BEST RESULTS CONDITION FOR 2 TO 4 WEEKS.