Regular price $55.00 Available
Unit price per
An excellent starter kit - for those who like to keep things simple. If you can work a spoon you can make beer. We know you would love this kit, but maybe you know someone who might love it even more?
THIS KIT INCLUDES YOUR FIRST 1 GALLON RECIPE.
1 GAL. CRAFT BEER STARTER KIT
Introducing the Little Demon, the World's First 1 Gallon Conical Brewing System! Made from heat resistant (Phthalate and BPA free) food grade plastic which imparts no unwanted flavors into your brew. This innovated system uses a unique venting system that DOES NOT require an airlock and the adjustable flow spigot allows for easy transfer of your beer into the bottle (no siphon required). The fermenter stands just 10.5" tall and is stackable, in case you require multiple fermenters in a limited space. Conical fermenters are the best and only way to brew a truly professional quality beer. Make batch after tasty batch right in your kitchen. Move over toaster. There's never been anything more microbrewery than this.
This kit includes all the ingredients to make a batch of a 4.6% ABV Signature beer recipe. And as with all our kits, it’s easy to use and makes wicked-good beer.
Our Little Demon means you never have to be afraid to try even the most shocking of brewing experiments.
- (1) Little Demon Conical Fermenter
- (1) Vent Plug (No Airlock Required!)
- (1) Adjustable Flow Tap Assembly
- (1) Stick-on Temperature Gauge
- (1) Recipe Ingredients
- (1) Packet of Dry Brewing Yeast
- (1) Packet of One Step No-Rinse Cleanser
- (1) Easy to Follow Brewing Instructions
Bottles not included. For best results, use bottled spring water or charcoal-filtered tap water. Sanitize everything that comes in contact with your beer.
1 GALLON CRAFT BEER BREWING INSTRUCTIONS
Follow the steps outlined in the instructions that came with your brewing system. If you don't have these, download a copy below.
SANITIZE ALL EQUIPMENT THAT COMES IN CONTACT WITH YOUR CRAFT BEER.
Since craft beer is mostly water, the better the water the better your recipe. For best results, use bottled spring water or charcoal-filtered tap water.
- 2.1. Remove yeast packet from under the lid and stand can in a tub of hot tap water. This will help it pour more easily.
- 2.2. Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a clean 3 quart pot.
- 2.3. Remove from heat and turn off the stove. Slowly stir in the contents from can until it has fully dissolved. This mixture is called the wort.
- 2.4. Add cold (refrigerated) water to the “start” level (this is located on the side of your fermenter). Pour your “wort” mixture from the pot into the fermenter, then bring the volume of your fermenter to the “fill” level by adding more cold water. Stir vigorously.
- 2.5. Once the temperature inside the fermenter is between 64°- 82° F add your packet of yeast, then place on your lid (with vent plug).
- 2.6. Place the fermenter out of direct sunlight and maintain a temperature between 64°- 82° F for approximately 7-14 days.
After 7 days the beer in your fermenter should have stopped fermenting and begun to clear. It’s now time to bottle! If you’re not sure, draw a small amount from the tap; if it tastes like flat beer, it’s ready to bottle. If it tastes sweet, give it a few more days.
Since nobody likes flat beer, the steps below will naturally carbonate your recipe. First you will need to sanitize your bottles and caps.
- 3.1. Fill (4) 1 liter bottles half full with warm water. Add 1/8 tsp. of your remaining One Step Cleanser to each bottle, push on cap and give it a few turns (Do not fully tighten). Shake each bottle until One Step has completely dissolved, then wait 2 minutes.
- 3.2. Remove caps and drain bottles. Add 2 1/2 tsp. of table sugar and 1/4 tsp. of natural flavoring (adjust to taste) to each bottle. Different bottle sizes require different sugar amounts (see chart included with your brewing system).
- 3.3. Use the tap to fill each bottle about 1/2 inch above the base of the neck. Now remove the excess oxygen by gently squeezing each bottle until the liquid works its way up the neck, when it gets to the top cap your bottle. Once the caps are securely tightened, invert each bottle several times to dissolve the sugar. Do not shake bottles.
- 3.4. Place the bottles upright and out of direct sunlight. Maintain a temperature between 64°- 84° F for approximately 5-7 days until bottles become firm to the touch.
CHECK EACH BOTTLE DAILY. WHEN THEY BECOME FIRM LIKE A NEW BOTTLE OF SODA, PLACE THEM IN THE FRIDGE OVERNIGHT.
NOW CALL YOUR FRIENDS AND ENJOY! FOR BEST RESULTS COLD CONDITION FOR 1 WEEK.