Regular price $65.00 Available
Unit price per
The last kit you'll ever need - brew and bottle batch after tasty batch. Simple to use and comes with everything you need. If you can pour a glass of water you can make hard seltzer. Or maybe you know someone who might love this even more?
INCLUDES YOUR FIRST BATCH.
1 GAL. HARD SELTZER STARTER KIT PLUS
Make Hard Seltzer Yourself! This kit includes our "Little Demon" fermenter, plus everything you need to brew and bottle your first batch of wicked-good hard seltzer. Now you can make batch after tasty batch right in your kitchen. Move over toaster. There's never been anything more microbrewery than this.
The fermenter stands just 10.5" tall and does not require an airlock. They are completely stackable, in case you decide to make multiple batches at once and have limited space available. This Little Demon means you never have to be afraid to try even the most shocking of brewing experiments.
- (1) Little Demon Conical Fermenter
- (1) Vent Plug (No Airlock Required!)
- (1) Adjustable Flow Tap Assembly
- (1) Stick-on Temperature Gauge
- (1) Hard Seltzer Recipe Ingredients
- (1) Yeast Nutrient
- (1) Dry Brewing Yeast
- (1) One Step No-Rinse Cleanser
- (4) 1 Liter PET Bottles, Caps & Labels
- (1) Easy to Follow Brewing Instructions
For best results use distilled or “reverse osmosis” water (spring water or tap water is NOT recommended, but can be used). Sanitize anything that comes in contact with your hard seltzer.
1 GALLON BREWING INSTRUCTIONS FOR THIS RECIPE
Follow the steps outlined in the instructions that came with your brewing system. If you don't have these, download a copy below.
SANITIZE ALL EQUIPMENT THAT COMES IN CONTACT WITH YOUR HARD SELTZER.
Since hard seltzer is mostly water, the better the water the better your recipe. For best results, chill your distilled or RO water in the refrigerator overnight.
- 2.1. Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a clean 3 quart pot.
- 2.2. At first sign of bubbling, slowly stir in bag of corn sugar. Mix until sugar has fully dissolved. Make sure sugar does not clump or stick to the bottom of the pot.
- 2.3. Let boil for 5 minutes, then remove from heat and turn off the stove. Add packet of yeast nutrient and mix until it has completely dissolved. This is your base mixture.
- 2.4. Add cold (chilled) distilled water to the “start” level (this is located on the side of your fermenter). Pour your mixture from the pot into the fermenter, then bring the volume of your fermenter to the “fill” level by adding more cold water. Stir vigorously.
- 2.5. Once the temperature inside the fermenter is between 64°- 84° F add a 1/2 packet of yeast, then place on your lid (with vent plug).
- 2.6. Place the fermenter out of direct sunlight and maintain a temperature between 64°- 84° F for approximately 10-14 days.
After 10-14 days the hard seltzer in your fermenter should have stopped fermenting and is now clear. It's time to bottle!
Since nobody likes flat seltzer, the steps below will naturally carbonate your recipe. First you will need to sanitize your bottles and caps.
- 3.1. Fill (4) 1 liter bottles half full with warm water. Add 1/8 tsp. of your remaining One Step Cleanser to each bottle, push on cap and give it a few turns (Do not fully tighten). Shake each bottle until One Step has completely dissolved, then wait 2 minutes.
- 3.2. Remove caps and drain bottles. Add 2 1/2 tsp. of table sugar and 1/4 tsp. of natural flavoring (adjust to taste) to each bottle. Different bottle sizes require different sugar amounts (see chart included with your brewing system).
- 3.3. Use the tap to fill each bottle about 1/2 inch above the base of the neck. Now remove the excess oxygen by gently squeezing each bottle until the liquid works its way up the neck, when it gets to the top cap your bottle. Once the caps are securely tightened, invert each bottle several times to dissolve the sugar. Do not shake bottles.
- 3.4. Place the bottles upright and out of direct sunlight. Maintain a temperature between 64°- 84° F for approximately 5-7 days until bottles become firm to the touch.
CHECK EACH BOTTLE DAILY. WHEN THEY BECOME FIRM LIKE A NEW BOTTLE OF SODA, PLACE THEM IN THE FRIDGE OVERNIGHT.
NOW CALL YOUR FRIENDS AND ENJOY! FOR BEST RESULTS COLD CONDITION FOR 1 WEEK.