Regular price $25.36 Available
Unit price per
Much like a Mulled Wine, but only beer! This tasty treat is a light-tangy ale that starts out crisp and tart, but finishes up warm and smooth. This wolf in sheep's clothing makes it the perfect Halloween recipe.
THIS RECIPE MAKES 2 GALLONS OF BEER.
CRANBERRY MAIBOCK RECIPE KIT
This recipe requires a blender. Much like a Mulled Wine, but only beer! This tasty treat is a light-tangy ale that starts out crisp and tart, but finishes up warm and smooth. This wolf in sheep's clothing makes it the perfect Halloween recipe. No additives or preservatives. BrewDemon® mixes feature complex blends of specialty malts, combined with the finest hops by master brewers in New Zealand’s famous Speight’s brewery, providing the optimum flavor profiles for world-class beers.
- (1) can Cult Classic American Ale (HME)
- (1) can White Horse Golden Wheat (UME)
- (2) packets Dry Brewing Yeast (5g and 2g packets)
- (1) packet One Step No-Rinse Cleanser
You will need
- (1) cup Honey
- (1) Cinnamon Stick
- (2) cans Whole Cranberry Sauce (pureed)
- (2) Whole Allspice Berries
- (1) 10oz Jar of Orange Marmalade
You will need to sanitize your blender and anything else that comes in contact with your beer. Suggested conditioning time for this recipe is 2-4 weeks.
2 GALLON BREWING INSTRUCTIONS
Follow the steps outlined in the instructions that came with your kit. You can download these instructions from our Help Desk under Downloads.
Our mixes contain malted extract and hops ready for fermentation. Just add water and the included yeast. Since beer is mostly water, the better the water the better your beer. This step should take about 30 minutes.
- 2.1. Remove yeast packet from under the lid of your beer mix and put it in the refrigerator for another time, then stand both cans in a tub of hot tap water. This will help the malts pour more easily.
- 2.2. Fill your fermenter with a gallon of cold water. For best results, use bottled spring water or charcoal-filtered tap water.
- 2.3. Puree both cans of cranberry sauce in your sanitized blender.
- 2.4. Place 4 cups of water into a clean 3-quart pot and bring to a boil. Then add 1 cup of honey, 1 cinnamon stick, 2 allspice berries and boil for 2 minutes (stir occasionally).
- 2.5. Remove from heat. Then slowly stir in the contents from both cans and 10 ounces of orange marmalade until fully dissolved. This mixture is called the wort.
- 2.6. Pour the wort into the fermenter. Bring the volume of the fermenter up to the 8.5-quart mark by adding more water, then add your pureed fruit. Mix thoroughly. Read the thermometer and wait until the temperature of the wort is between 64°- 80° F before adding the yeast.
- 7. Add your 5g yeast packet. Then attach your lid.
- 2.8. Place the fermenter out of direct sunlight and maintain a temperature between 64°- 80° F for approximately 14 days.
DUE TO THE AMOUNT OF FRUIT, YOU MAY EXPERIENCE AN ACTIVE FERMENTATION AND MAY WANT TO USE A BLOW-OFF TUBE FOR THE FIRST FEW DAYS.
Follow the steps outlined in the instructions that came with your kit.
FOR BEST RESULTS CONDITION FOR 2 TO 4 WEEKS.